Lesson content will be advised by your teacher and will be completely personalized based on factors such as age, level, prior experience, musical concepts desired, individual ability, and very importantly weekly time to practice.
Lessons will include:
- musical instruction, rehearsal of new concepts, review of prior material, critique and demonstrations of musical material
- Explanations of why we strive for certain techniques is certainly conveyed to help student understand the importance of certain techniques and musical concepts
As student advances:
- Ear Training, Sight Reading, Theory, and Technique will be necessary and encouraged
- A portion of lesson may be set aside for the learning of “fun” music
- Some students may want to focus on technique and chording for a “chording style” of piano playing
- Some students may need help with theory for school tutoring or University preparatory exams
A well rounded student will certainly be introduced to many styles of music such classical and popular. They will have a mastery and solid foundation of technique (scales, triads, etc.), music theory, ear training, and sight reading skills.
Although it is great if each student achieves all of these components of music instruction and mastery, we realize that no two individuals come to piano lessons with the exact expectation, skill set, or motivation.
This is why we believe an individualized approach is the best approach for you!
Together we will determine the combination of instruction that will meet you where you are and take you to the next level of your musical journey!
Please know that your success, comfort, desires, and enjoyment is our priority!